• Tee Ball: This division is designed for our very youngest 1st year players that are 4yrs old as of April 30, 2020. Game play and rules are based entirely around fun, player engagement, sportsmanship, team building, and the very basics. All players hit off a tee, no coach or machine pitching. Players run the bases one at a time and attempt to make an out on defense. Roster batting is enforced without keeping track of score or outs. This ensures all players receive a chance to hit off the Tee in each inning played. Emphasis is on fun, making new friends, teamwork, and building community with our families who will be integral for the development of the group for many years to come.
• Pee Wee: This division is designed for players who are just beginning their baseball or softball journey. The Pee Wee division is designed for players age 5 & 6 with 0-2 years experience. Game play and rules are based on creating a fun and engaging atmosphere where players learn fundamentals and basics of the game. In this division players are given opportunities to hit a live 'coach' pitch from 20ft away, on one knee. This provides a huge margin of success for players to hit and gain valuable experience with a moving target. Each player will receive two pitches from the coach and if needed, will be given an opportunity to hit a ball off the Tee. Roster batting is enforced without keeping track of score or outs. Emphasis is on fun, basic strategy, fundamentals, making friends, teamwork, and building community with our families who will be integral for the development of the group for many years to come.
• Baseball Rookies (pitching machine): This division is for players age 7 & 8 with 0-3 years experience. In the Rookies division game play and rules are based around fun, teamwork, and establishing fundamentals to playing baseball & softball at the next level which includes players pitching. This division utilizes a mechanical pitching machine which offers an opportunity to put the ball in play consistently while also acclimate to the dynamics of the average fastball at the next level. The Rookie division is built around equipping each player with the tools to be successful in their journey including tracking outs in the field to change sides. There are no player evaluations at this age. There are post-season tournament team opportunities (additional fees apply) which include provide great exposure to tournament baseball with an opportunity. Emphasis is on fun, advanced player development & game strategy, as well as making friends, teamwork, and building community with our families who will be integral for the development of the group for many years to come.
• Baseball Minors (60ft field): The Minors division is for players age 9 & 10 with 1-5 years experience. Teams are formed based on preseason evaluations in February. In this division the game play and rules are those of the Cal Ripken Minors division where players pitch, base runners are allowed to steal, and score books are kept. There are post-season tournament team opportunities (additional fees apply) which provide great exposure to tournament baseball with an opportunity for state tournament. Emphasis at the Minors division is based on fun, player development, preparing players for the next step in their baseball journey, building each player’s knowledge of the game, fundamentals across all aspects of the game, developing pitching mechanics (for those who want to pitch), developing catcher’s fundamentals (for those who want to catch), making friends, teamwork, and building community among all the families which will be integral for the development of the group for many years to come within the program.
• Baseball Majors (70ft field): The Majors division is for players age 11 & 12. This division is played with a 50’ pitching distance and 70’ distance between bases, commonly referred to as 50/70. Game play and rules are those of the Cal Ripken Majors/70 division. In this division the game is played with mostly High School rules on field dimensions adapted to the players age/size at this level. Due to the limited number of players in this age group, teams will play games against neighboring leagues. This division offers an environment conducive to player skill development which helps bridge the gap before High School baseball on a 60/90 baseball field. There are post-season tournament team opportunities (additional fees apply) which provide great exposure to tournament baseball with an opportunity for state, regional & world series tournaments. Emphasis in this division is based on continuing to keep baseball fun, advanced understanding of baseball concepts and game situations, preparing players for High School rules 60/90 baseball, team role, team dynamic, building lasting friendships, teamwork, community pride, and continued development of the baseball community among families involved which will be integral for the continued advancement of the group for many more years of baseball in our program and area. 2
• Summer Tournament Season: An additional season of baseball available to players that want more baseball in a tournament environment. Teams travel around the Portland Metro area as well as into Washington for a minimum of 4 weekend tournaments. Registration opens April 15th and teams form in May. Tournaments start the first weekend in June. Depending on placement in state tournament, teams can continue to regional tournament as well as the Cal Ripken World Series, televised on Fox Sports.
- JBO Senior National/American/Federal: Our Senior Division is offered to players in 7th and 8th grade who are 12-14 years old (12 year old must be 7th grade). This division plays HS rules w/ base paths at 90' and pitching distance at 60' 6".
• Travel/Select teams 9u, 10u, 11u, 12u, 14u: Our GB ELITE offering is made up of travel/select teams who commit to playing an extensive tournament schedule and training many months of the year at their home facility, and partner, PDX Eastside training. Interested players register for tryouts by contacting the GB ELITE director beginning in the fall (tryouts begin after labor day). Emphasis in this division is on continuing to keep baseball fun, advanced understanding of baseball concepts and game situations, playing the highest level of competition around the NW, and preparing players for the next level in their baseball journey. Along with this, GB ELITE teams will represent our league with pride when playing inter-league games and tournaments with other communities.
Return to Top